Useful and inspiring links you might want to check out.
- Backscatter Underwater Photo and Video
These guys are the greatest. This is where I get my photo gear, help, and
some inspiration... check out the pictures on the walls!
- Optiquatics Expeditions If you want
to get a chance to do some great diving on a trip geared towards photographers,
with limited load trips, lots of gear to try out, E-6 processing on-board,
along with pros on the boat to help you if you have questions, Optiquatics
is the way to go! Tell Joe I sent ya... (I need the brownie points)
- Jason Bradley Jason is one of my favorite photographers. I have been on several dive trips with him, and never fail to learn something new.
- Art Hazeltine
I love black and white. Art makes incredible use of it in his underwater
world. This is something I aspire to.
- The Nocturnes
Night photography - sounds odd, but it's beautiful!
I took a workshop with these guys that produced the "Nightwork" images on this website.
- Norbert Wu One of the most inspiring
photographers for me. His work under the Antarctic ice is incredible!
- The Northern California Underwater
Photographic Society If you life in Northern California, or close,
this is a great group. Two major contests per year - Sea 2003 and the California
Beach Dive Photo Competition provide great competition, and great prizes!
- Sir Finn and the Sharks - my acoustic surf band. Hey! I'm not making a living at photography yet! 8-)
- Eileen Rendahl - my sweetie-pie and partner. She's also a terrific writer, and no, the books aren't just for the ladies. I like 'em.